out of sync

Saturday, August 27, 2016




During a riding lesson, my trainer began addressing one of my bad habits.

Sometimes, when I'm cantering, I don't always follow the movement with my elbows.

I'm concentrating on other things. I get stiff. Disconnected. Out of sync with the horse.

Once she pointed it out, I was better able to focus and fix it.

What a difference it made!

Amadeus immediately became more light and forward-no surprise there. His movement was no longer blocked.

She continued on to say that the next thing that would likely happen was that I would start following with my elbows..but in backwards rhythm.

The best way to address this is to let your elbows go still and allow the horse to pull you back in sync.

Isn't it funny how that can relate to our relationship with God?

Whether we get distracted by school or work or personal issues, sometimes...

Sometimes, we just end up out of sync.

And sometimes we're trying to establish the rhythm, but of our own accord, not His.

The solution is the same:

Be still and allow Him to pull you back in sync, back in rhythm.


Be still and know that He is God. 



Hey, guys! Just some thoughts and some pictures of the horses in my life :) Hope you all are well!

ashlyn 

4 comments :

  1. ...dude. That's SO TRUE. I've been working on trying to do better about remembering that, haha. It's so simple when you see it written out but it's SO HARD SOMETIMES.

    I love these photos of you and your horse! You're so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard, isn't it???

      Thank you so much!!!! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love this. What a great reminder! And your photos are beautiful.

    Serena | poetree {blog}

    ReplyDelete

Español? Français? Deutsch?

Back to Top