In Which I Gush About Michael Jung and Fischerrocana FST

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Or rather, his Rolex 2016 dressage test.

As anyone who keeps up with the eventing world knows, Michael Jung won this year's Rolex, even more flawlessly than last year(yes, he won last year as well).

I love the Rolex, but tbh, I didn't have time to watch it live on the USEF Network and I have yet to have time to catch up on the On Demand streaming. I AM IN A LOT OF EMOTIONAL PAIN BECAUSE OF THIS.

But.

I did have time to watch all of Michael Jung's rides, particularly his dressage test, which iS THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR.


LOOK AT IT.

LOOOOOOKKKKK.

DO YOU SEE HOW RELAXED THIS HORSE IS????

DO YOU SEE HOW STRAIGHT AND SUPPLE SHE IS IN LITERALLY ALL OF THESE MOVEMENTS?????

I freaking love this test.

I freaking love this horse.

I freaking love this man.

Why, why, why does competitive dressage seldom ever look like this?!

Like, dude.

I genereally hate flash nosebands because I rarely see them used properly. More often than not, they are fastened too tight in order to keep the horse from gaping its mouth away from the bit. BUT THIS MAN. This mare can lick and chew all she wants, it's beautiful.

This. This is horsemanship.

And it carries so exquisetley over into the other two phases of competition.

Check them out cruising through the cross country course.

And take a look at Michael Jung winning Rolex 2016 after completing the showjumping phase.


As a total random note, I love that "Roxie" is a mare. I love mares. I really love it when mares dominate the top levels because I feel like mares as a whole are super underappreciated. 

SO ANYWAY I DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY THIS WEEK, BUT WATCH THIS PAIR.


(obvs Jung is not the only stellar horseman at the Rolex, but as I said, he's the only one I've had time to watch.)

Go hug a pony,
Ashlyn 


Post a Comment

Español? Français? Deutsch?

Back to Top